Permanent - Full Time
8 hours per day, 40 hours a week
May 14 2018
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. Our efforts toward excellence and continuous improvement speak for themselves: we have received Exemplary Standing with Accreditation Canada, the highest possible rating. Over 350 staff and 700 volunteers ensure compassion and individualized support for seniors in our service delivery. We are also fortunate to have had support from government and the community since our inception—and this will become even more important as we continue to grow. If you have the passion for serving seniors and possess proven effective administrative skills to further our missions in providing our seniors a better home and setting a standard in the industry, we have an opportunity for you.
Under the supervision of Director of Finance and Hospitality, the Administrative Assistant will be a member of the Administrative Team, responsible for the provision of overall administrative support while working within the mission, vision and values of Wing Kei. This position is also part of the purchasing team and will be responsible for finding potential suppliers, negotiating prices and terms, and making agreements or contracts for purchases.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei mission and values
• Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability
• Ensure that all authorized or approved purchase orders are made with external suppliers/vendors
• Ensure that all deliveries arriving on time in good conditions
• Monitor suppliers and vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications
• Basic accounting function including entering accounts payable invoices in P/O system, expense reports reconciliation
• Maintain good documentation & filing system and an organized supplies inventory
• Maintain and analyze purchase order and service order records and produce trend analysis for regular budgeting and quality improvement
• Coordinate and participate in researching, surveying & data collecting, and result analyzing, to maintain and improve qualified service
• Liaise with management team and senior administrative coordinators to handle requests and queries from internal customers
• Plan and participate meetings & trainings and take detailed minutes
• Provide general administrative support to the organization
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Completion of Business Administration certificate program or equivalent
• Proven ability to work with numbers; previous experience in a purchasing role preferred
• Is dependable, self-motivated with good time management skills and ability to prioritize work
• Exhibits consistent problem solving ability as well as sound judgment, attention to details
• Exudes high ethical standards
• Is an outstanding collaborator and team player, works well with interdisciplinary teams
• Has good computer literacy and experience in MS office and P/O software
• Communicates well in writing, speaking and presenting; ability to communicate in Chinese a definite asset
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourages applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
We offer a range of comparable standard benefits package (healthcare, drug, dental, health spending account, life insurance and pensions).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes may be considered for casual employment.
All new employees of the Wing Kei must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.