Casual leading to Part Time/Full Time
To be determined; rotating shifts including weekdays and weekends
8 - 10 hours a day
Until suitable candidate found
Until suitable candidate found
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. Our efforts toward excellence and continuous improvement speak for themselves: we have received Exemplary Standing with Accreditation Canada, the highest possible rating. Over 350 staff and 700 volunteers ensure compassion and individualized support for seniors in our service delivery. We are also fortunate to have had support from government and the community since our inception—and this will become even more important as we continue to grow. If you have the passion for serving seniors and thrive on delivery excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, we would like to invite you to join our team, to further our mission in providing a better home for our seniors.
Under the supervision of Director of Finance and Hospitality, the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will be a member of the Administrative Team, responsible for the provision of overall administrative support while working within the mission, vision and values of Wing Kei. This position is also part of the reception team, acting as an ambassador of Wing Kei while being the first point of contact for guests and visitors and demonstrating exceptional customer service that is aligned with Wing Kei’s person and family centered care framework.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Greet visitors appropriately and ensure they are assisted as needed
• Answer phone calls professionally in a polite and courteous manner; respond to general inquiries by providing up-to-date information
• Ensuring that Reception and lobby areas are always maintained and presentable
• Assist in supplies ordering, oversee and monitor deliveries and ensure supplies are in good condition
• Maintain good documentation & filing system and an organized supplies inventory
• Coordinates meeting rooms booking and proper safe keeping of keys
• Process outgoing mails and channel all incoming mail and fax effectively, accurately and confidentially
• Balance daily petty cash, issuing/distribute invoices/receipts as required
• Liaise with management team and senior administrative coordinators to handle requests and queries from internal customers
• Provide general administrative support with excellence and professionalism in various area as assigned
• Is aligned with a culture where people and integrity matters
• Completion of Business Administration certificate program or equivalent preferred
• Experience in a receptionist role required, preferably in a health care environment
• Has great phone and office etiquette, enjoys building up rapports and connecting with people
• Is an individual who honors confidentiality and exhibits consistent sound judgment
• Is dependable, self-motivated to work with minimal supervision
• Thrives in a growing organization, remaining positive in attitude through temporary challenges
• Is eager to grow and learn, willing to be flexible with pace of work
• Finds it easy to enjoy a variety of tasks, is self-motivated and disciplined to meet deadlines
• Is an outstanding collaborator and team player, works well with interdisciplinary teams
• Has good computer literacy; experience in MS office required
• Communicates well in writing, speaking and presenting; ability to communicate in Cantonese a definite asset
• Has the flexibility to work long hours as scheduled (up to 10 hours/shift)
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourages applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
We offer a range of comparable standard benefits package (healthcare, drug, dental, health spending account, life insurance and pensions).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes may be considered for casual employment.
All new employees of the Wing Kei must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.