Temporary Part Time (with possibility to lead to a Permanent Employment)
To be negotiated
August 2, 2018
Until suitable candidate found
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. We are also fortunate to have had support from government and the community since our inception—and this will become even more important as we continue to grow. We are eager to add to our team an Administrative Assistant/Scheduler to partner with us through the coming era of further growth.
Under the supervision of Director of Care, the Administrative Assistant/Scheduler will be responsible for providing clerical service to the care department, including the care administrative office and nursing units. This position will also be responsible for establishing work plan rotations to adequate staffing levels as established by the management team on a day to day basis.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Manage, organize and update relevant data/documents using use word processing, spreadsheet, database or presentation software
• Maintain a records management system and organize relevant data and evidence for analysis and audits
• Provide general administrative support to care unites including but not limited to: supplies inventory and ordering, filing of records (electronic and hardcopies), arrange & organize meetings and taking meeting notes
• Assist in confirming medical appointments for residents and communication with families
• Assist in organizing and monitoring overall staffing plans and assign employee to work shifts and in-service trainings in accordance with established shift scheduling guidelines and prepare scheduling related reports regularly
• Keep up-to-date with developments and best practices in the healthcare industry
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Completion of Business Administration certificate program, or equivalent
• Proven computer skills and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
• Experience with Kronos or scheduling software is an asset
• Exhibit consistent problem-solving ability as well as sound judgement
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast pace environment
• Customer service-orientated; works well with interdisciplinary teams
• Effective Communication skills including writing and speaking with working experience in handling telephone inquiries
• Experience with scheduling activities in healthcare setting is a definite asset
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourage applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
All new employees must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act. In compliance with Alberta Health’s Infection Control standards, all new employees are required to provide a copy of their Tuberculosis or Chest X-Ray paperwork and a proof of positive immunity of MMR within 30 days of their date of hire.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.