Temporary Part Time 0.7 (with possibility to lead to a Permanent Employment)
To be negotiated
August 3, 2018
Until suitable candidate found
Until suitable candidate found
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. Our efforts toward excellence and continuous improvement speak for themselves: To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. If you have a heart and passion for seniors, Wing Kei would like to invite you to join our family.
Under the direction and supervision of Director of Care and Managers, the Educator will be playing a leadership role in developing clinical competency among nursing employees. This position will also be responsible for providing educational services to the entire organization, including planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of educational activities.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Strategically plan, coordinate, deliver and evaluate educational activities within the organization
• Ensures compliance with relevant government legislations & policies and consistent application of quality assurance programs
• Identify educational needs and develop e education plans for the organization and individuals in areas such as technology, service delivery, healthcare best practices etc.
• Collaborate with Management team and Human Resources to coordinate orientation for new hires
• Liaise with education institutions to provide meaningful practicum opportunities for students
• Assist in development, ongoing maintenance and promotion of clinical policies and procedures
• Administrative duties including but not limited to preparing and developing educational materials, scheduling of trainings, communications with multi-disciplinary teams, data collecting and survey to identify educational needs etc.
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Good Standing with CLPNA/CARNA Registration
• Passionate about sharing of knowledge with supportive and effective leadership skills
• Flexible strategies and application of adult-learning principles
• Is committed to perform and promote effective work practices and safety awareness
• Demonstrated proficiency in presentation and oral & written communication skills; ability to communicate in Chinese would be an asset
• Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends and enjoy frequent travel between facilities
• Experience in teaching English as a second language (ESL) students will be an asset
• Minimum 3 years of working experience n Long Term Care or Support Living (SL4) setting preferred
This is a benefit non-eligible position
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourage applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
All new employees must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act. In compliance with Alberta Health’s Infection Control standards, all new employees are required to provide a copy of their Tuberculosis or Chest X-Ray paperwork and a proof of positive immunity of MMR within 30 days of their date of hire.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.