Events and Communications Manager
Permanent - Full Time
Monday-Friday; job requires working some unscheduled evenings and weekends.
40 hours per week; be able to work flexible hours.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Working within the mission, vision and core values of Wing Kei, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for community development and the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community, planning events and fund development capital campaigns, internal and external communications such as newsletter/ annual report/ website, working with multi-disciplinary team and volunteers in promoting and building awareness of Wing Kei. The incumbent will also manage Wing Kei’s pubic image, plan, implement and analyze pubic relations and marketing strategies that advance Wing Kei’s mission and goals.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Community Development, Event Planning, Volunteer or Non-Profit training, or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years progressive experience in a management capacity in the marketing and fund development area of a non-profit organization.
3. Considerable expertise related to the development, coordination, implementation and continuing evaluation of community development and fund-raising events.
4. Outcome oriented to reach fundraising goals and revenue. Innovative, with proven success in fund development.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect, liaise and build relationships. Has familiarity with the philanthropic, social, and business communities.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with extensive community and media relations.
7. Demonstrated ability to handle pressure, able to balance priorities within time and resource constraints.
8. Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher), and record keeping and database management.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; the ability to communicate in Chinese a definite asset.
Competitive salary level within the health sector
A range of comparable standard benefits package (healthcare, drug, dental, group spending account, life insurance and employer-matching RRSP).
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
Wing Kei Greenview
307 35 Avenue NE,
Calgary, Alberta T2E 7Y6
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourages applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
We offer a range of comparable standard benefits package (healthcare, drug, dental, health spending account, life insurance and pensions).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes may be considered for casual employment.
All new employees of the Wing Kei must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.