Health Care Aide
Casual leading to Part Time or Full Time
Rotating shifts including Days, Evenings and Nights; Weekdays & Weekends
7.5 hours per shift
To be determined
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. Our efforts toward excellence and continuous improvement speak for themselves: To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. If you have a heart and passion for seniors, Wing Kei would like to invite you to join our family.
Under the direction and supervision of Director of Care and Clinical Managers, the Health Care Adie will be providing personal care and supporting their physical, social and emotional needs in accordance with Wing Kei’s Person and Family Centred Care framework, aligned with our vision, mission and core values.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Deliver personal care and assist with daily living and personal hygiene activities
• Assist in nursing process – observe, document and report changes in clients’ physical and emotional condition to provide input into care plans; assist in medication delivery
• Implement guidelines from care plan, care policies and procedures to ensure clients’ safety
• Provide cognitive, social and emotional support to clients and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to encourage clients’ engagement in programs that improve their quality of life
• Participate in on-going trainings to ensure high standard of service and best practices in the field is achieved
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Health Care Aide Certificate as per Government of Alberta Health Care Aide Curriculum, or deemed competent by completing the Provincial Competency Assessment within six months of employment
• Is respectful for clients and their family members, as well their rights and privacy, and properties
• Is diligent with good observation skills, keen attention to details
• Is committed to perform and promote effective work practices and safety awareness
• Possess effective verbal and non-verbal skills to communicate with clients and interdisciplinary teams; ability to communicate in Chinese would be an asset
• Flexibility to work rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights on weekdays and weekends
• Experience in working in Long Term Care or Support Living (SL4) setting preferred
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourage applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
All new employees must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act. In compliance with Alberta Health’s Infection Control standards, all new employees are required to provide a copy of their Tuberculosis or Chest X-Ray paperwork and a proof of positive immunity of MMR within 30 days of their date of hire.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.