Licensed Practical Nurse
Casual leading to Part Time or Full Time
7.75 hours per shift
To be determined
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. Our efforts toward excellence and continuous improvement speak for themselves: To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. If you have a heart and passion for seniors, Wing Kei would like to invite you to join our family.
Under the direction and supervision of Director of Care and Clinical Managers, the Licensed Practical Nurse will be playing a key role in providing safe and quality nursing practices within the standards of Practice developed by CLPNA, in accordance with Wing Kei’s Person and Family Centred Care framework that is aligned with our vision, mission and core values.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Perform the functions of a Licensed Practical Nurse according to the CLPNA Standards
• Effectively implement the nursing process including comprehensive nursing assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation
• Regularly develop, implement and review individual care plans, update as needed
• Provide nursing assessments; process physician’s order and provide assistance to physicians
• Provide cognitive, social and emotional support to clients and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to encourage clients’ engagement in programs that improve their quality of life
• Participate in on-going trainings to ensure high standard of service and best practices in the field is achieved
• Perform other direct care activities as needed, including daily living and personal hygiene activities
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Licensed Practical Nurse with current CLPNA Registration
• Current CPR (BCLS) Certificate
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessment skills within Scope of Practice and effective leadership skills
• Is diligent with good observation skills, keen attention to details
• Is respectful for clients and their family members, as well their rights and privacy, and properties
• Is committed to perform and promote effective work practices and safety awareness
• Possess effective verbal and non-verbal skills to communicate with clients and interdisciplinary teams; ability to communicate in Chinese would be an asset
• Flexibility to work rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights on weekdays and weekends
• Experience in working in Long Term Care or Support Living (SL4) setting preferred
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourages applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
We offer a range of comparable standard benefits package (healthcare, drug, dental, health spending account, life insurance and pensions).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes may be considered for casual employment.
All new employees of the Wing Kei must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.