Casual leading to Part Time / Full Time
7.5 - 8 hours a day, occasional weekends as needed
August 13, 2018
Until suitable candidate found
Until suitable candidate found
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. Our efforts toward excellence and continuous improvement speak for themselves: To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. Join us if you share the same vision and passion as ours in building and maintaining a quality home for our seniors!
Under the supervision of Director of Finance and Hospitality, the maintenance worker partners up with Wing Kei’s multidisciplinary teams in providing a safe and clean living and working environment for our seniors and our staff. The position will be responsible for applying basic fixes, preventative maintenance program and general repairs to building systems and equipment and ensure the facilities are safe, tidy and functional.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Inspect and Troubleshoot equipment and systems upon request, ensure all equipment within the premises are in good conditions
• Implement preventive maintenance program based on manufacturers’ requirement to assure optimal working conditions of equipment, including but not limited to scheduled checks on functionality of building and equipment
• Assist in installation and implementation of new hardware and systems and assist in providing in-services to users from multidisciplinary teams
• Maintain a clean and organized maintenance room for storage for tools, parts and supplies
• Participate meetings & in-services trainings to keep up-to-date with best practices
• Maintain good documentation of working procedures and service progress
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Certified 4th Class Power Engineer or equivalent will be an asset
• Minimum 1 year electrical or mechanical trades experience preferred
• Has basic knowledge of preventive maintenance programs for building systems
• Is reliable with a keen eyes on details and consistent problem solving ability
• Ability to prioritize tasks and is self-motivated
• Functional knowledge in using electronic devices and computer software
• Communicates well in writing and speaking; ability to communicate in Chinese is an asset
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourage applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
All new employees must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act. In compliance with Alberta Health’s Infection Control standards, all new employees are required to provide a copy of their Tuberculosis or Chest X-Ray paperwork and a proof of positive immunity of MMR within 30 days of their date of hire.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.