Casual leading to Part Time or Full Time
6.5 hrs per shift - Days, Evenings and Weekends
Until Suitable candidate found
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. We are also fortunate to have had support from government and the community since our inception—and this will become even more important as we continue to grow. We are eager to expand our team to continue to serve more in our community.
Under the direction and supervision of Director of Care and Clinical Managers, the Recreational Assistant will be assisting the Recreational Therapist to improve and maintain the residents’ functional abilities, leisure engagement, socialization , mood and quality of life through therapeutic programs and recreation activities, in accordance with Wing Kei’s Person and Family Centred Care framework, aligned with our vision, mission and values.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Assist and promote physical, cognitive and social skills needed to maintain and promote recreational pursuits and quality of life
• Organize and lead individual and group therapeutic programs, including seasonal activities and community outings, developed by Recreational Therapist; participate in the planning and evaluation of programs
• Prepare equipment and supplies and responsible for the maintenance and inventory of the available resources
• Provides assistance with resident/client activities of daily living such as toileting when on outings
• Assist in the collection of data and records of residents’ activity levels for assessment and reassessment process
• Assist in supervising volunteers that assist in therapeutic programs ,including visitations and big group events
• Collaborate with other disciplines to develop social and recreational approaches to individualized resident care in accordance to Wing Kei’s Person and Family Centred Care Framework
• Participate in on-going trainings to ensure high standard of service and best practices in the field is achieved
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Completion of a recognized Therapy Assistant Program, Diploma in Social Services or Recreation or has field related experience
• Completion of CPR training with a current license/certificate
• Is cheerful and resourceful; has a strong interest in leisure and wellness activities
• Is respectful of residents and their family members
• Is diligent with good observation skills, keen attention to details and sensitivity to residents’ feelings, preferences and needs
• Is committed to perform and promote effective work practices and demonstrates safety awareness
• Good physical fit and ability to assist in resident transfers and move equipment
• Possesses effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills to engage and motivate residents of varying abilities and to communicate and collaborate with families and the interdisciplinary team. The ability to communicate in Chinese would be an asset
• Is flexible to work rotating shifts including evenings and weekends
• Experience in working in Long Term Care or Support Living (SL4) setting preferred
This is a benefit non-eligible position
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourage applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
All new employees must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act. In compliance with Alberta Health’s Infection Control standards, all new employees are required to provide a copy of their Tuberculosis or Chest X-Ray paperwork and a proof of positive immunity of MMR within 30 days of their date of hire.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.