Casual leading to Part Time or Full Time
7.5 hrs per shift - Weekdays with occasional Saturdays
Until Suitable candidate found
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. We are also fortunate to have had support from government and the community since our inception—and this will become even more important as we continue to grow. We are eager to expand our team to continue to serve more in our community.
Under the direction and supervision of Director of Care and Clinical Managers, the Rehab Assistant will be assisting the Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist to improve and maintain the clients’ functional abilities, mobility and quality of life, in accordance with Wing Kei’s Person and Family Centred Care framework, aligned with our vision, mission and values.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Administer rehabilitation and therapeutic programs developed by Occupational Therapist/ Physical Therapist to individual residents, or groups of residents; participate in the planning and evaluation of programs
• Assist residents to maintain or improve the physical/functional skills that are needed for mobility and activities of daily living
• Educate residents, families and other staff members on the proper use of mobility or assistive devices
• Update inventories and monitor conditions of equipment and tools, ensuring safety and maintenance of equipment and devices
• Assist in the collection of data and records of residents’ functional levels for assessment and reassessment purposes
• Contribute and follow Fall Prevention initiatives on the individual and facility level.
• Participate in on-going trainings to ensure high standards of service and evidence based best practice in care
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission in delivering excellent care to seniors
• Has completed a recognized Therapy Assistant Program, or has field related experience
• Is respectful of residents and their family members
• Is diligent with good observation skills, keen attention to details and sensitivity to clients’ feelings, preferences and needs
• Is committed to perform and promote effective work practices and demonstrates safety awareness
• Is physically fit with the ability to physically assist in resident transfers and move equipment
• Possesses effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills to engage and motivate residents of varying abilities and to communicate and collaborate with families and the interdisciplinary team. The ability to communicate in Chinese would be preferred
• Flexibility to work occasional weekend and evening.
• Experience in working in Long Term Care or Support Living (SL4) setting preferred
This is a benefit non-eligible position
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourage applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
All new employees must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act. In compliance with Alberta Health’s Infection Control standards, all new employees are required to provide a copy of their Tuberculosis or Chest X-Ray paperwork and a proof of positive immunity of MMR within 30 days of their date of hire.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.