Summer Project Assistant (Administrative & Research Support)
Temporary - Full Time (16 weeks from May to end August)
5 shifts/ week
7.5 - 8 hours per shift
-Assist in the day-to-day administrative office operation and opportunities to assist in planning, implementation and evaluation of various Summer Projects, including Fundraising Events and various Quality Improvement Projects such as Facility Improvement Projects, Occupational Health & Safety Related Projects, Best Practice Research Projects etc;
-Creates, collect resources and organizes various documents and electronic information for the projects;
-Liaises with various parties regarding the projects;
-Assists in arranging and participates in meetings and activities regarding the projects.
Successful candidates will be in an undergraduate Business Program or Communication studies (or equivalent); work experience in a non-profit organization an advantage; experience with MS offices and effective data entry & documentation skills; well developed interpersonal and communication skills; ability to prioritize work and work independently in a team setting.
This is a Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP) funded position. To be considered for the position you must meet below criteria to be eligible for funding:
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada; International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible for STEP.
- Resides and/or attends school in Alberta with an Alberta address
- Returning to school no later than November 1, 2018.
- Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
- Is available for full-time summer employment
- Participates in only one STEP position during the summer
English; proven effective communication skills in Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) an asset
Competitve salary level within the health sector
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
Wing Kei Greenview
307 35 Avenue NE,
Calgary, Alberta T2E 7Y6
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourages applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.
All new employees of the Wing Kei must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act.