Permanent - Part Time (0.6FTE) leading to Full Time
To be determined, shifts including weekdays and occasional weekend and evening shifts
7.5 hours/day, 90 hours/4 weeks
Until Suitable candidate found
Wing Kei has two ongoing priorities: to serve seniors with devotion and maintain a work culture that in many ways resemble a big family, one that excels. Our efforts toward excellence and continuous improvement speak for themselves: we have received Exemplary Standing with Accreditation Canada, the highest possible rating. Over 350 staff and 700 volunteers ensure compassion and individualized support for seniors in our service delivery. We are also fortunate to have had support from government and the community since our inception—and this will become even more important as we continue to grow. We are eager to add to our team a Volunteer Coordinator to partner with us through the coming era of further growth.
Under the supervision of Director of Care, the Volunteer Coordinator will be accountable for driving an effective and efficient volunteer service program to support the organization’s needs. The volunteer coordinator will also provide ongoing support to volunteers to ensure established standards are met. Over the last year, we have received a total contribution of over 28,500 hours among 750 volunteers to support our growth. Looking forward to our future, with this additional position, we are excited to anticipate a higher level of volunteers’ engagement in order to maintain a continuous delivery of quality service to our seniors and our community.
• Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Recruiting potential volunteers; matching of skills, experiences and expectation to available positions to maximize satisfaction and motivation of volunteers and qualify of service
• Coordinating orientations and ensuring the developed orientation is up-to-date with ever changing safety practice in the Health Industry, ensuring safety and quality compliance are met
• Rostering and organizing volunteers for day-to-day operational needs and special events throughout the year
• Planning and implementing an on-going volunteer management program to increase community engagement, including volunteer recognition program, volunteer retention and replacement program etc.; managing any associated budgets and expenditure
• Maintaining volunteer database and records of over 700 volunteers and acting as a point of contact with all volunteers
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
• Appreciates the joys of connecting people from diverse background s with a worthwhile mission in the organization and the community
• Graduated from a recognized Volunteer Management program or equivalent
• Is dependable, self-motivated, and flexible with work schedule
• Exhibits consistent problem solving ability as well as sound judgment
• Exudes high ethical standards
• Is an outstanding collaborator and team player, works well with interdisciplinary teams
• Has good computer literacy and experience using volunteer/personnel databases and scheduling/ management systems
• Communicates well in writing, speaking and presenting; ability to communicate in Chinese a definite asset
• Has knowledge and past experience working with a non-profit organization would be an asset
Please send resume:
by E-Mail to:
or by Fax to:
or by Mail to:
1212 Centre Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 2R4
Attn: Human Resources
We are an equity employer and encourages applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our residents.
We offer a range of comparable standard benefits package (healthcare, drug, dental, health spending account, life insurance and pensions).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes may be considered for casual employment.
All new employees of the Wing Kei must complete a Criminal Records Check in accordance with the Protection for Persons in Care Act.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Wing Kei. Unless you are contacted for an interview, you will receive no further acknowledgment of your application.