Under the supervision of Director of Hospitality, or designate, the Administrative Assistant will be a member of the Administrative Team, responsible for the provision of overall administrative support while working within the mission, vision and values of Wing Kei.
• Demonstrates, promotes and advocates the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
• Ensures that all authorized or approved purchase orders are made with external suppliers/vendors
• Ensures that all deliveries arrive on time in good conditions
• Provides general administrative support to the organization
• Creates and organizes various documents and electronic information.
• Creates financial and statistical tools and reports using spreadsheets/ database.
• Manages, organizes and updates relevant data.
• Communicates and provides information internally and externally to assist and enable organizational operations and effective service to connecting groups.
• Interprets instructions and issues arising, and then implements actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
• Researches and investigates information to enable strategic decision-making by others.
• Arranges and participates in meetings, conferences and project team activities.
• Provides support on training and professional development of staff.
• Keeps an inventory of supplies, keeps track of expiry dates and places orders for Wing Kei.
• Provides support in coordinating maintenance projects to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
• Supports the Reception desk as needed
• Demonstrates knowledge of and observes all policies, procedures and standards of Wing Kei.
• Participates in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment by understanding and following health and Safety rules, regulations and practices such as fire, emergency response training, WHMIS, data security and infection control.
• Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with the public, residents, volunteers and other health care team members.
• Participates in in-service programs.
• Keeps up-to-date with developments and best practices in the field.
• Other duties as assigned.
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
• Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care.
• Completion of Business Administration certificate program, or equivalent.
• Administrative or secretarial experience an asset.
• Good typing and accurate data entry skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) required; knowledge of Chinese word process an asset.
• Is dependable, self-motivated with good time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
• Exhibits consistent problem solving ability, as well as sound judgment and attention to details.
• Exudes high ethical standards.
• Is an outstanding collaborator and team player; works well with interdisciplinary teams.
• Communicates well in writing, speaking and presenting; ability to communicate in Chinese a definite asset.