Working within the mission, vision and values of Wing Kei, the Clinical Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Care in researching and analyzing proposed and existing government legislation, policies and practices, and organizing to educate the staff to develop understanding of legislative policies and practices for resident/client care. This position also performs quality checks to ensure resident/client assessment protocols have been addressed in the Care Plans, and reviews the Care Plans for compliance with the MDS to ensure all resident/client identified needs have been addressed.
- Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
- Responsible to foster a culture where interdisciplinary team members are able to contribute to optimal resident outcomes and grow professionally.
- Participates in the hiring, direct supervision of staff and all performance management related issues.
- Responsible for creating safe, healthy environments that support the quality services of the health care team and contributes to the PFCC (Person & Family Centered Care) model in Wing Kei.
- Promotes teamwork and effective communication with team members, residents/clients and family; collaborates with other departments to support quality care of residents/clients.
- Takes on a key role to continually educate and provide an environment promoting a culture of resident/client safety and freedom from harm or injury.
- Promotes teamwork and team spirit and encourages practices that respect resident/client, family and staff rights, individuality and diversity.
- Acts as a resource and provides clinical support to Care team members such as Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Health Care Aides (HCA), Rehab and Recreations teams. Evaluates the performance of Care team members.
- Enhances team approach with meetings, and coordinates educations.
- Accountable for setting up and maintaining a system to provide 24 hours nursing care on the unit.
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
- Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Competence from the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) with current CPR certificate
- Annual MDS Competency Certification is required
- Experience as a professional registered nurse (RN) with proven success in leadership roles in Long Term Care or Supportive Living
- A skilled, customer service orientated communicator with demonstrated proficiency in oral & written communication and presentations; ability to communicate in Chinese would be an asset
- An individual that honors confidentiality and exhibits consistent sound judgment, and is detailed-orientated with effective organizational skills
- Is passionate about sharing of knowledge with supportive and effective leadership skills and has the ability to apply flexible strategies and application of adult-learning principles
- Is committed to perform and promote effective work practices and safety awareness
- With demonstrated excellence in attention to detail , the incumbent will spearhead effective collection and usage of large amounts of information, procedures, documents to improve Care operations