Under the direction and supervision of Director of Care, the Clinical Manager is responsible for managing the Education needs of the Care team; the RAI-MDS; and as needed, overseeing the daily operation of care units within the organization. This position is specialized in developing and providing education protocols and procedures in accordance with legislative and industrial standards, as well the organization’s Person/Family Centered Care (PFCC approach) in order to ensure quality of service and enhancing the safety culture within the organization.
This position is a temporary full-time position for 19 months approximately from end of January 2020 to September 2021.
- Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
- Research and analyze proposed and existing government legislation, policies and practice to ensure compliance and consistent application of quality assurance programs
- Develop, maintain and promote clinical policies and procedures
- Strategically plan, coordinate, deliver and evaluate educational activities within the organization including but not limited to:
- Identify educational needs and develop education plans for the organization and individuals in areas such as technology, service delivery, healthcare best practices etc.
- Provide orientation to all staff and provide training to care staff on MDS
- Liaise with education institutions to provide meaningful practicum opportunities for students
- Perform quality checks to ensure residents/clients assessment protocols have been addressed in the care plans while meeting CIHI requirements for coding; ensure all care plans are in compliance with CCHSS
- Provide leadership in Wing Kei’s Quality Improvement program
- Support for CCHSS audits, Accreditation and development of other standards per compliance (e.g. changes in legislation)
- Manage staff by assigning and delegating tasks as needed including conducting regular employee reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Act as a resource and provide clinical support to care team members
- Administrative duties including but not limited to preparing and developing educational materials, scheduling of trainings, communications with multi-disciplinary teams, data collecting and survey to identify educational needs etc.
- This position will support 24 hours high quality nursing care on the units which may include on-call duties as per rotation if needed
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- Is aligned with Wing Kei’s vision and mission to continue to deliver excellence in seniors care
- Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Competence from the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) with current CPR certificate
- Annual MDS Competency Certification is required
- Five (5) years of experience as a professional registered nurse (RN) with proven success in leadership roles in Long Term Care or Supportive Living
- A skilled, customer service orientated communicator with demonstrated proficiency in oral & written communication and presentations; ability to communicate in Chinese would be an asset
- An individual that honors confidentiality and exhibits consistent sound judgment, and is detailed-orientated with effective organizational skills
- Is passionate about sharing of knowledge with supportive and effective leadership skills and has the ability to apply flexible strategies and application of adult-learning principles
- Is committed to perform and promote effective work practices and safety awareness
- With demonstrated excellence in attention to detail , the incumbent will spearhead effective collection and usage of large amounts of information, procedures, documents to improve Care operations
- Is flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends and is flexible with frequent travel between facilities
- Experience in teaching English as a second language (ESL) students will be an asset