Under the supervision of Director of Finance and Hospitality, the Events and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for helping Wing Kei achieve desirable fundraising outcomes through planning and execution of community-based fundraising activities and assist in promoting the branding of Wing Kei organization including managing public relations and marketing strategies. This incumbent also collaborates with multidisciplinary teams and provides administrative and logistic support to all internal and external events of the organization.
- Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei vision, mission and core values
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams on all events’ (1500+) overall logistics (event briefs, floorplans, related permits, event rentals, decorations, communications with vendors/sponsors, food catering, venue set up, marketing etc.)
- Assist in designing and managing promotion of Wing Kei and its events via multiple platforms including events posters, newspaper advertisements, radio, social media etc.
- Liaise with multidisciplinary teams to ensure effective volunteer support is available for preparation of and/or on the day of events
- Onsite event day execution including venue set up and tear down
- Ensure a positive experience for all event participants including sponsors/ volunteers/event helpers
- Cultivate relationship with event participants and sponsors through effective pre- and post-events communications and recognitions, such as invitations, follow up communications, preparation of thank you letters and/or souvenirs etc.
- Develop, track and analyze post-event evaluations and implement changes according to recommendations for improvement
- Other administrative duties including but not limited to documentation of pre- and post-events meetings, procedures for execution of events
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
- Is aligned with a culture where people and integrity matters
- Thrives in a growing organization, remaining positive in attitude through temporary challenges
- Has a Bachelor's degree from accredited university, preferably in Events Planning, Marketing or Communication Studies
- Has a minimum of 3-5 years working experience in a similar role with at least 1 year supervisory experience is preferred
- Proven ability to manage large scale (1500+) events
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills while enjoying public speaking and business writing; ability to communicate in Chinese a definite asset
- Finds it easy to enjoy a variety of tasks, is self-motivated and disciplined to meet deadlines
- Has a proven track record of collaboration and teamwork, experience working with interdepartmental teams or contributing to Special projects would be an asset
- Is flexible to work occasionally on weekends and evenings
- Intermediate level of computer knowledge including use of Microsoft Words, Excels and PowerPoint etc; knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred