- Opportunities to assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Summer Recreational/Rehab Projects to enhance residents engagement and their life enrichment;
- Participates in meetings and discussions on enhancing the effectiveness of the projects to improve residents' health and quality of life;
- Assists to create and implement activities that enable greater residents engagement;
- Conduct therapeutic recreational/therapeutic rehab activities under supervision of Recreational Therapist/Occupational Therapist.
Successful candidates will be in an undergraduate health/therapeutic program or equivalent; work experience in a long-term care setting an advantage; excellent computer skills; well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; ability to prioritize work and work independently in a team setting; good documentation skills.
This is a Canada Summer Job (CSJ) funded position. To be considered for the position you must meet below criteria to be eligible for funding:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (International students are not eligible);
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations